Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dinner at Taste of Tango and Cerveza Quilmes Review


So last night, Stacy and I took advantage of the Devour Downtown, Winterfest event, by enjoying an excellent dinner at Taste of Tango. For those of you who are not familiar with Taste of Tango, it is a restaurant which serves authentic Argentine cuisine. It specializes in Argentine cut steaks and great wines.

The meal was excellent and worth every penny. I'm not much of a food critic, so I'll leave that to the food bloggers, but what I really found interesting was the Argentine Beer, Quilmes.

It's a light lager. Drinkable, but not incredibly hoppy. Quilmes is definately a warm weather beer. My first thoughts were how similar Quilmes is to other light lagers such as Corona or El Sol. After a little research, I found out that originally brewed by the Cervecería y Maltería Quilmes in the Quilmes district of Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1890 and is now part of InBev. It quickly became the pride of the South American nation, and sponsors national soccer team, even using the country's colors on its label. The brewery itself was opened in 1888 by German Otto Bemberg. The brewery produces other Quilmes brands, including Quilmes Bock and Quilmes Stout.

Unfortunatley, Taste of Tango doesn't carry the Bock or Stout, yet.

2 comments:

TMC said...

Oh! I work just 1 block from this place and was wondering how it was. Ask Stacy to do a review!! :)

Connie said...

Did you get frostbite? And I thought I was taking a vacation from bloggin! ;)