Saturday, May 17, 2008

The new but slightly broke me.


So I'm now hurt. Last Thursday, while working on the deconstruction of a sign at work, it put an inch wide gash into my thumb, just above my knuckle, severing two tendons. At the emergency room, I received about 8 stitches to close the wound, and the following day I underwent surgery. I now have 4 pins in my hand to repair and hold the tendons, and a very new, but not flattering look. Here's a picture of me and my cast. 4 weeks like this, and another two weeks of therapy to gain back the movement. It's only been about two days, but Stacy's getting a little tired so I'm trying to keep my distance and be less needy.


Right now it hurts a little, but my pain pills should help numb the pain. I've also been cleared for work on Monday, but won't be doing anything more than customer service tasks.

No comments: