Saturday, May 31, 2008

Man Journal - Home Alone

Saturday, May 30 @ 1:49 pm

Bored!

I've done my chores. The house looks pretty good, and should stay pretty clean. I'm not bad at keeping things clean. As long as I follow, Matt Rule #123, "Put'et where et goez!".

I'm pretty bored right now. The chihuahua is passed out next to me. The cats are hiding. Showbiz is daydreaming out the window. I am starting to miss Stacy a little. She always has something planned, even if, I'm only home for a few hours. We'll go window shopping, or to some garage sales, or maybe even a local winery. Always something. Alone. It's just me and I get a little lazy.

I did make a grocery list. Milk! and Cereal.

Also, I'm going to take back the movies I watched last night. First, I viewed "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford". This would be a better book. It starts slow, building the characters, and the story. It's very much a drama, and not a 'shoot 'em up' cowboy film. (Which I wanted.) In the end, everything came together and the film ending in a very powerful and suspenseful manner.



Following that, I watched "Beowulf", which in my opinion, was made to be a visual spectacle for the IMAX theater. The story was weak and on a regular television, the visuals were confusing. It's not worth the time, unless you can see it in IMAX.



Finally, I wanted to end on a happy note, so I watched "Balls of Fury". This is a pretty stupid film. Maybe I was tired (it was 2am and storming), but I didn't even make it to the end.



I'll probably grab a new film tonight, maybe "I am Legend", and hope for the best.



Also, I wanted to promote this new blog I've been reading. It titled "A Good Beer Blog" and has some great articles on quality beers. I recommend checking it out.

No comments: