Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rock on! IU won last night.

What a year it's going to be? IU basketball. I'm pretty excited with the win over Northwestern State. Yep, I said it. It's going to be a long season, but it is resulting in some great articles. My favorite comments so far are from Eamonn's analysis in his article "The Morning After". Here's a few of my favorite comments:

On recognizing the new players,"After about five minutes last night, I had to admit something to myself. I didn’t know who was who. It’s sad, I know, but I doubt that I’m alone here, and I hope it’s not too bold of me to admit it. It took me a second to figure out that Verdell Jones was No. 12, that that wasn’t Devan Dumes, that Dumes was the off-guard wearing No. 33, and who is that little dude with the Rip Hamilton facemask on? That’s not Finkelmeier, is it? And oh my God is that Tijan Jobe?!"

On Tom Crean's enthusiasm for the job, "The best basketball coaches are salesmen, and Tom Crean could sell me a ticket to Kelvin Sampson: The Broadway Musical. He’s done the same sales job on his team. Effort will not be a problem this year, at least not anytime soon."

On the team's attitude and effort, "They are going to play hard. They are going to have good attitudes. All of that. Even when they’re not playing with a good attitude it will seem that way, because you can’t have worse attitudes than last year’s team, and as long as Matt Roth doesn’t smoke a crack pipe at midcourt and punch a cheerleader in the face, pretty much anything will seem like an improvement."

On Tijan Jobe, "Oh, Tijan. Tijan Tijan Tijan. God bless him. He looks incredibly interested in playing hard basketball, in rebounding, that sort of thing. That’s probably the nicest thing that can be said about his basketball ability right now."

For the entire article click here: Inside the Hall "The Morning After: Your 2008-09 Indiana Hoosiers, I think."

Personally, Indiana's going to be fine. They have a good coach. As fans, we all have low expectations for this season. What we want is a team that plays hard, hustles, makes other team's beat us? That's what we are going to get. I just can't wait until we beat Purdue this year.

Fun, Fun, Fun.

No comments: