Friday, August 8, 2008

What I did today...August 8th...

BEFORE

As you can see, we had some serious issues on this side of the house.

Our mulch was looking a little old.


Even our little trees needed some TLC.

Luckily, Lowes is open on a Friday.

AFTER
I put down some different grasses and an annual called an Alternanthera. It helps add a little color to the area. In between the tall grass, is grasslike perennial called Lily Turf. This should really look nice in a few years.


As you can see, I put down fresh mulch and replace the empty spot on the far right of the picture with our pineapple water fountain.

Our pear trees in front, got new mulch and a few plants to help fill out the base.

Finally, the landscaping on the east side of the house was widened about two foot and given fresh mulch. I also transplanted on of my burning bushes to this side with the hope that it comes grows better and planted some Lily Turf too.

It was a very busy day, and I'm pooped now.

1 comment:

Candid Carrie said...

Nice work Matt, now can we see a picture of what you wore while you were digging around in the yard?