Thursday, July 10, 2008

Beer Sampler - World Market 10 pack - Summer Brews


Okay, so recently I discovered the store called World Market. It's located in the Carmel/Fishers area on the north side of the city. This store is an excellent store for gifts. It's full of unique and fancy items. It has furniture and housewares, along with items such as spices, wine and beer. During my visit, we got a fancy little indoor composter, which my wife recently blogged about, a tea diffuser, and my Summer Brew Ten-Pack.

So far, I've tried most of the brews, but unfortunately, I tried them all at once and I don't remember most of their tastes. The reviews will be from other sites that I like to check out for beer reviews. The pack included :

  • Berghoff Solstice Wit Beer ~ A refreshing, limited-edition summer love, craft-brewed in the tradition of fine Berghoff beers. Here's a review on the Berghoff from Liqour Log.
  • Riverwest Stein Beer ~ From the Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Review from the Beer Advocate Website.
  • Boulder Beer Sweaty Betty Blonde ~ Boulder Beer Company (They've got one of the neatest websites for breweries available. Recently won the best of the southwest (Wheat Beer) Award at the 2004 National Beer Tasting Championships. Another Beer Advocate review.
  • Breckenridge Vanilla Porter - This chocolate and nutty flavored beer was one of the few I remember. Dark and full, it gives off a sweet aroma and an even sweeter taste. Here's some info on the beer directly from the Breckenridge Web Site and a quick little recipe for a Vanilla Porter Milkshake.
  • The Shipyard Summer Ale - Check out the video. Here's a real quick review from Rate Beer
I also tried a few other drinks that day, and here's some reviews on them.
Overall, the beer's were delicious and went well with my perfect (Bobby Flay quality) grilled burger and beans.

No comments: