Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Blackberry Beer...Manly, like a warm bath


Yeah, I'm a big fan of blackberry beer. As part of their Brewmaster's Collection, Samuel Adams has released a Blackberry Witbier. It's subtle, yet striking. You can smell hints of blackberry, but still get the crispiness found from the wheat.

Okay, so to all you homer's out there, I know it sounds girly. Like I should be sipping it in a champagne glass while I nibble on a fruit salad, well, you're wrong because this beer kick's Belgium Ale ass. That's right, I'll drink this beer with my steak and wrestling on TV. I'll drink it while I'm changing the blades on my lawnmower. Hell, I would drink this beer with my buddies watching extreme Monster Trucks at Lucas Oil Stadium.

FYI, in the recent, Beer Lover's Choice, a competition by SA that pits two of their brews against each other, 31,267 beer drinkers chose this brew over the more 'prissy' Coffee Stout. I can't verify this but I'm pretty sure Bobby Knight, Clint Eastwood, and Arnold were all among those that voted for the Witbier, and who wants to argue that they drink little 'girly' beers.

So with that out of the way, I'm gonna go grab a bottle and soak myself in a nice lavender infused bubble bath of EXTREME MANLINESS!!!

No comments: