Monday, January 28, 2008

The Road Less Traveled


Today, I received an offer of employment from Yum Brands, and I have accepted the offer. As the a new manager in the Taco Bell division, I am looking forward to making an immediate impact. With a customer focused approach, I hope to be the difference maker in the organization. Passion. Leadership. Integrity. Those are the principles that will guide my career at Yum. Also, I would like to thank a few people. First, I want to thank Johanna & Sandy for introducing me into the organization. Many thanks to my friends and family for the support provided during my job-search. I also want to thank Starr Services for lighting a fire in me. Most of all, I want to thank my stunningly beautiful, and very patient wife, Stacy. You make roses blush for shame. I love you.

Finally, I want to post one of my favorite poems. I know there will be a lot of questions about why I am entering the food industry, but like a candle without a room to brighten, I need a challenge to become the professional I am meant to be.


ROAD LESS TRAVELED

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth

Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference


Robert Frost

No comments: